What Should I Bring?
- Comfortable slacks
- Cotton Shirts
- Pull over house gowns
- Dresses (buttoned down) & Slips
- Afghan/Lap blanket
- Underwear & Socks
- Shoes (non-slip)
- Night gowns (patients may use hospital gowns provided by facility)
- Dentures, Eye Glasses and Hearing Aids
- Adult briefs (also available by Medicaid)
- Toothbrush and toothpaste or tablets
- Hair brush/comb
- Razor (electric if desired)
- Perfume or cologne
- Deodorant, lotion, powder
- Plastic clothes hangers
- Personal items from home (pictures, stationery & pens, books, mementos)
IMPORTANT: All items must be marked. Clothing labels are available through facility.
The FLHRC FAQ
Have a question? We have the answer.
What should I look for when visiting a Rehab Facility?
You should look for cleanliness and the staff should be friendly. Look for a facility which has a specially designed and separate rehab unit.
What is skilled nursing / sub acute rehab care?
Sub acute care is comprehensive inpatient care designed for someone who has an acute illness, injury, or exacerbation of a disease process. It is goal oriented treatment. Sub acute care is generally more intensive than traditional nursing facility care and less than acute care; it requires treatment plan for a limited time period (several days to several months), until the condition is stabilized or a predetermined treatment course is completed.
Will I get assistance for my discharge?
Our Social Services department discharge planner will help you to arrange for your return to home, ALF or a Long term care facility. The discharge planner will work with therapy and you to decide the safest discharge plan to meet your individual needs and goals.
What Amenities are available?
- On-site beauty salon and barber shop
- Cable television services
- On-site religious services
- Wireless access throughout the facility
- Daily newspaper delivery
- Enclosed outdoor courtyard area
- Executive chef prepared meals
- Specialized diets followed by a Registered Dietitian
- Laundry and housekeeping services
- Full day of activities
- Ice Cream parlor
- Pet Therapy
- Live Entertainment
- Mobile Library
What activities are available?
You may participate in the many recreational activities which are posted and announced each day.
How are meals served?
Meals are served in our main dining room or privately in your room. We also offer assisted dining rooms to provide care to those with special dining needs. Guest meals are available at a nominal cost.